“Transgender toilets don’t harm” – five reasons that’s false

first_imgDaily Wire 22 April 2016Family First Comment: These are just some examples that have made media attention. There will be plenty more….Here are 5 times “transgender” men abused women and children by exploiting such facilities:1. A Seattle man, citing transgender bathrooms laws, was able to gain access to a women’s locker-room at a public recreational center while little girls were changing for swim practice. In February, The Daily Wire reported that a Seattle man who walked into the women’s locker-room—on two occasions—and began undressing, cited the “new state rule that allows people to choose a bathroom based on gender identity.” You know, those laws the ingenious left has been pushing because of “inclusiveness.”“It was a busy time at Evans Pool around 5:30 p.m. Monday February 8,” reports KING5 News. “The pool was open for lap swim. According to Seattle Parks and Recreation, a man wearing board shorts entered the women’s locker room and took off his shirt. Women alerted staff, who told the man to leave, but he said ‘the law has changed and I have a right to be here.’”Subsequent to this new rule, no one called the police on this man who reportedly came back a second time when young girls were changing into their swimsuits for swim practice.2. A Toronto man claiming to be transgender was arrested and sentenced to jail for sexually assaulting several women in a women’s shelter after he gained access to the shelter and its shower facilitates as “Jessica.”As Life Site notes, “A biological man claiming to be ‘transgender’ so as to gain access to and prey on women at two Toronto shelters was jailed ‘indefinitely’” in early March.Christopher Hambrook, 37, using the name “Jessica,” was able to gain access to Toronto women’s shelters.“Her tights had been pulled down past her bottom and her bathing suit had been pulled to the side,” reads a court document of one of the incidents. “She yelled at the accused, demanding to know what he was doing. He simply covered his face with his hands, said ‘Oops!’ and started giggling.”Per Life Site:Court also heard evidence of Hambrook terrorizing a deaf woman living in the shelter. “The accused grabbed the complainant’s hand and forcibly placed it on his crotch area while his penis was erect,” court heard.The same deaf women reported that Hambrook would peer at her through a gap between the door and its frame while she showered.3. A Virginia man was caught and arrested for peeping on and filming two women and a 5-year-old child in a women’s restroom after receiving entry by dressing in drag.“Richard Rodriguez, 30, filmed a woman in a bathroom stall at the Potomac Mills Mall, Prince William County Police said,” reported NBC Washington. His victim was a 35-year-old woman who was in a bathroom stall when “she saw a bag moved toward her under the stall divider.” According to police, Rodriguez had been filming her.Apparently, when the victim rushed out of the stall to confront the man, he had already moved to another woman just one stall over. “The victim alerted the woman and then contacted mall security of the shopping center on 2700 block of Potomac Mills Circle in Woodbridge, Virginia,” noted NBC Washington.Reports suspect that this was not Rodriguez’s first time peeping on women by dressing himself up as woman to enter a restroom; disturbingly, he likely spied on a 53-year-old woman in May of 2015 and a 35-year-old and her 5-year-old daughter back in October.“Rodriguez, of Fredericksburg, was charged with three counts of unlawful filming of a non-consenting person and three counts of peeping,” reported NBC Washington.4. A Los Angeles man dressed in drag, entered a Macy’s department store bathroom and videotaped women under bathroom stalls. As The Daily Wire reported in late March, charges were filed against Jason Pomare, 33, for allegedly disguising himself as a woman, sneaking in to the women’s restroom at a Macy’s department store and secretly videotaping hours of footage of women in bathroom stalls.Pomare reportedly disguised himself with a wig and fake breasts; he kept his video camera with him in a small purse.The suspect “was charged Tuesday with six counts of unlawful use of a concealed camera for purposes of sexual gratification. After his arrest, investigators said a video camera found in his purse had ‘hours’ of video of women using the restroom inside the store,” reports NBC4 News.5. Two male students were caught at the University of Toronto exploiting “gender-neutral” facilities to peep on women in the shower with their cellphone cameras. As The Daily Wire’s Pardes Seleh reported in October, The University of Toronto had to change their gender-neutral bathrooms back to bathrooms separated based on biology “after two separate incidents of ‘voyeurism’ were reported on campus September 15 and 19. Male students within the University’s Whitney Hall student residence were caught holding their cellphones over female students’ shower stalls and filming them as they showered.”READ MORE: http://www.dailywire.com/news/5190/5-times-transgender-men-abused-women-and-children-amanda-prestigiacomoKeep up with family issues in NZ. Receive our weekly emails direct to your Inbox.last_img read more

Syracuse to face North Carolina in the Final Four on Saturday at 8:49 p.m.

first_imgSyracuse (23-13, 9-9 Atlantic Coast) has defied the odds this postseason and earned a trip to the Final Four on Sunday with a 68-62 win over No. 1-seeded Virginia (29-8, 13-5).And there SU will face North Carolina (32-6, 14-4), another No. 1 seed, on Saturday, April 2 at 8:49 p.m. in Houston, Texas. The game will be televised on TBS.Syracuse is 4-0 in its last four meetings with No. 1 seeds after beating Virginia.The Tar Heels defeated No. 6 seed Notre Dame in the last Elite Eight game on Sunday, 88-74. UNC big man Brice Johnson had 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting with 12 rebounds. All five UNC starters scored in double digits.Syracuse has played North Carolina twice this season. Hosting the Tar Heels on Jan. 9 in Jim Boeheim’s return from suspension, the Orange fell 84-73 to complete its 0-4 start in conference play. Then SU went on a midseason run, winning eight of nine games before falling into another rut, losing four of five to close the regular season.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textOn Feb. 29 in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, UNC was a part of that punishing finish when it distanced itself from a surging Syracuse with a 75-70 victory.The UNC frontcourt, most notably senior Brice Johnson who shot 13-for-21 for 30 points against SU this season, picked apart the 2-3 zone this season. It’s the same frontcourt that’s blocked 6.4 percent of its opponent’s shots this season, the 10th best rate in college basketball.The Tar Heels are among the worst 3-point shooting teams in the nation, making just 32.1 percent of its tries from beyond the arc. Sunday reflected that as UNC made 31 percent (4-for-13) of its 3-pointers.But UNC compensated with its efficiency on 2-point attempts. Against Notre Dame, 61.5 percent of those attempts fell (32-for-52), even better than its season average of 53.7 percent on 2-pointers, 22nd-best in the nation.Syracuse will have its third, and final, attempt at solving the Tar Heels on Saturday. Comments Facebook Twitter Google+ Published on March 28, 2016 at 12:34 am Contact Sam: sjfortie@syr.edu | @Sam4TRlast_img read more

Oakland ready to again celebrate NBA champion Warriors

first_imgVolcano watch: Island fissures steaming, lake water receding The NBA champions have gone back-to-back, beating LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 on Friday night to finish off a four-game sweep of these NBA Finals in the fourth consecutive meeting between these clubs.Oakland city streets have been lined with gold and blue banners and shop and restaurant owners along the parade route say they are getting ready to open their businesses during the celebration.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGinebra beats Meralco again to capture PBA Governors’ Cup titleSPORTSAfter winning title, time for LA Tenorio to give back to Batangas folkSPORTSTim Cone, Ginebra set their sights on elusive All-Filipino crownFasil Lemma, who owns De Lauer’s Newsstand, said he will be selling the new championship T-shirts and gear from past championships.“It’s very exciting,” Lemma told the East Bay Times. “We want to serve the community.” MOST READ Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Ben Del Fante crowd-surfs as Golden State Warriors fans celebrate outside Oracle Arena in Oakland, Calif., Friday, June 8, 2018. The Warriors defeated the Cleveland Cavaliers 108-85 in Game 4 of the NBA Finals in Cleveland. (AP Photo/Josh Edelson)OAKLAND, Calif. — For the second straight year, throngs of Oakland fans will get to celebrate the Golden State Warriors with a parade for a team some are calling a basketball dynasty.Hundreds of thousands of fans are expected to line downtown Oakland streets Tuesday to cheer Stephen Curry, Kevin Durant and the rest of the Warriors winning their third title in four years.ADVERTISEMENT China population now over 1.4 billion as birthrate falls LATEST STORIES Dave Chappelle donates P1 million to Taal relief operations Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard PLAY LIST 02:14Carpio hits red carpet treatment for China Coast Guard02:56NCRPO pledges to donate P3.5 million to victims of Taal eruption00:56Heavy rain brings some relief in Australia02:37Calm moments allow Taal folks some respite03:23Negosyo sa Tagaytay City, bagsak sa pag-aalboroto ng Bulkang Taal01:13Christian Standhardinger wins PBA Best Player award WORLD CUP: Tiny Iceland continues to live the dream Jury of 7 men, 5 women selected for Weinstein rape trial Steam emission over Taal’s main crater ‘steady’ for past 24 hours Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. Lights inside SMX hall flicker as Duterte rants vs Ayala, Pangilinan anew DepEd’s Taal challenge: 30K students displaced Winfrey details her decision to withdraw from Simmons film View comments Officials say as many as 1 million fans are expected to attend the parade, which will start at 11 a.m. at Broadway and 11th Street, wind through downtown streets and end on Oak and 13th Street.Unlike other years, the parade won’t end at a rally near Lake Merritt. Instead, there will be large Jumbotron-type screens set up along the route that will feature members of the team talking in real time and answering the questions of a few lucky fans.“We wanted to make it more intimate, free flowing and, frankly, more exciting,” Raymond Ridder, the team’s vice president of communications, told the newspaper. “We will now have more fans along the parade route, creating more of a buzz, giving fans closer/direct access to players and, ideally, it will keep the event moving/flowing.”ADVERTISEMENT In fight vs corruption, Duterte now points to Ayala, MVP companies as ‘big fish’last_img read more

Wal-Mart report faulted

first_imgROSEMEAD – Earthmovers rumbled across the alluvial soil Friday where a Wal-Mart Supercenter is being built.From a tall lamppost on Rush Street, a red-tailed hawk watched as its former hunting grounds were graded by the giant yellow Caterpillars.Watching from the sidewalk along Rush was Jim Flournoy, clutching a seismic map, a copy of the 1983 Rosemead General Plan and the Alquist-Priolo Earthquake Fault Zoning Act with its powder-blue paper cover.The Rosemead resident is suing to put a stop to the Wal-Mart project based on what he alleges is a lack of study of a fault line across the 24-acre property.The Alhambra Wash fault line cuts a northwesterly slash across roughly the center of the land at Walnut Grove Avenue and Rush Street, where Wal-Mart is building. The fault is one of a smattering in the area, each an extension of the fault that caused the deadly 1987 Whittier Narrows earthquake.Wal-Mart is building its 204,388-square-foot store outside the mandated 100-foot setback from the fault.Flournoy said little is known about another fault, the Puente Hills blind thrust, that also cuts a wide swath across the area, including under the Wal-Mart site. Flournoy’s suit alleges that without the studies the Supercenter should never have been approved.The environmental impact report the council used to approve the project includes two studies evaluating to some degree the dangers presented by area faults.“There are studies,” Flournoy said. “But they’re not the studies the law requires them to have.”The studies are available in the appendices of the EIR, which was produced by Ontario-based Applied Planning Inc. The EIR can be found at www.appliedplanning.com.City Hall defends the studies.“All the studies are there, they’re done,” said Brad Johnson, Rosemead planning director. jason.kosareff@sgvn.com(626) 962-8811, Ext. 2717 AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORE160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!last_img read more