More Cool Stuff Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked * The City Council on Monday night approved a $200,967 contract with an IT consulting firm, CIT Com, Inc., for services related to replacing the Police Department’s computerized dispatch and records-management systems.The move had been recommended by city staff. It passed unanimously as part of the council’s consent agenda, with no discussion.For the past 11 years, the PPD has used technology products acquired through the West Covina Services Group for its Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD), Mobile Data System (MDS) and Records Management System (RMS) operations.But last year, West Covina Services said it was halting enhancements and product support on the CAD and RMS systems by the end of 2021 – leaving the PPD with tech systems that are fully operational now and in the immediate future, but potentially on the road to obsolescence.Enter CIT Com, a Temecula firm that won the city contract from among seven companies entering bids.It will provide the city’s Department of Information Technology — which oversees the PPD’s tech operations, along with a range of other city IT matters – with the technical advice on how to proceed with replacing the CAD and RMS systems.“Other law enforcement agencies have also demonstrated project efficiency by utilizing consulting services to present decision makers with critical and relevant information in the selection and implementation of an optimal CAD RMS solution,’’ according to a city staff report.The Department of Information Technology, not the PPD, had put in the request to the City Council for the new contract.In consultation with the PPD, the Department of Information Technology evaluated the seven bidders in a range of categories, including scope of work; project experience; staffing experience; and cost.City staff recommended CIT com “based on the quality of the work CIT Com completed in the business needs assessment phase, and the fact that they provided the most comprehensive and highest ranked proposal in the original RFP (request for purchase),’’ the staff report said.City staff said about $53,440 of the CIT Com contract will be spent in fiscal year 2020, to cover services related to software development and vendor evaluation. The rest of the $200,967 would be spent over the next two fiscal years.CIT Com had emphasized the importance of complying with the emerging law-enforcement reporting requirements, including FBI’s National Incident Based Reporting System, due by 2021, and California Assembly Bill 953, the 2015 Racial and Identity Profiling Act (RIPA) system, due by 2023.Law-enforcement agencies are required to collect information on the race, gender and age of people pulled over in traffic stops. All departments are required to begin collecting the data in 2023.Last week, Pasadena Police Chief John Perez told Pasadena Now that his department attempted to comply with the law early, but that the current system made it impossible to do so. First Heatwave Expected Next Week Government City Council Approves Contract For Pasadena Police Records, Dispatch Upgrades By KEVIN KENNEY, Senior Reporter Published on Friday, February 28, 2020 | 1:00 am Make a comment Top of the News Pasadena’s ‘626 Day’ Aims to Celebrate City, Boost Local Economy EVENTS & ENTERTAINMENT | FOOD & DRINK | THE ARTS | REAL ESTATE | HOME & GARDEN | WELLNESS | SOCIAL SCENE | GETAWAYS | PARENTS & KIDS Herbeauty15 Countries Where Men Have Difficulties Finding A WifeHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty7 Most Startling Movie Moments We Didn’t Realize Were InsensitiveHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty6 Lies You Should Stop Telling Yourself Right NowHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyWant To Seriously Cut On Sugar? You Need To Know A Few TricksHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeauty10 Reasons Why Ultimatums Are Unhealthy For RelationshipsHerbeautyHerbeautyHerbeautyThese Fashion Tips Are Making Tall Girls The Talk Of The TownHerbeautyHerbeauty 16 recommendedShareShareTweetSharePin it Community News Business News Subscribe Pasadena Will Allow Vaccinated People to Go Without Masks in Most Settings Starting on Tuesday Get our daily Pasadena newspaper in your email box. Free.Get all the latest Pasadena news, more than 10 fresh stories daily, 7 days a week at 7 a.m. Community News Name (required) Mail (required) (not be published) Website faithfernandez More » ShareTweetShare on Google+Pin on PinterestSend with WhatsApp,Virtual Schools PasadenaHomes Solve Community/Gov/Pub SafetyPasadena Public WorksPasadena Water and PowerPASADENA EVENTS & ACTIVITIES CALENDARClick here for Movie Showtimes Home of the Week: Unique Pasadena Home Located on Madeline Drive, Pasadena
Lionel Messi has urged his legion of supporters to stay at home with loved ones as the deadly coronavirus continues to spread globally. Loading… Promoted Content7 Theories About The Death Of Our Universe8 Things You Didn’t Know About Coffee18 Cities With Neverending Tourist-FlowThe Best Cars Of All TimePortuguese Street Artist Creates Hyper-Realistic 3D GraffitiBest & Worst Celebrity Endorsed Games Ever Made7 Truly Incredible Facts About Black HolesThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s Hysterical10 Absurd Ideas That Made Their Inventors Millions9 Facts You Should Know Before Getting A TattooBest Car Manufacturers In The World7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market Value The Real Madrid defender was put through his paces on a curved treadmill alongside the comment ‘#TrainAtHome’. His team-mate Fede Valverde was enjoying the sunshine by having a kick about in his garden with his dog. Juventus ace Douglas Costa was up to similar tricks in his garden while his dog attempted to put in a challenge. Fellow Juve star Matthijs de Ligt spent his afternoon playing table tennis while Paulo Dybala did a bit of home cooking. Arsenal keeper Bernd Leno was having a relaxing afternoon and sat watching Netflix on the sofa. Bayern Munich ace Robert Lewandowski also had some quality family time and used it to play a game with his daughter. Read Also:Messi: Health must always come first Atletico Madrid’s Alvaro Morata lied on the grass in the sunshine with wife Alice Campello and kids Leonardo and Alessandro. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 All major sporting events, including football across Europe and further afield, have been postponed for the foreseeable future. With games unlikely to take place for at least another three weeks and possibly more, sports stars are having to find other ways to keep themselves occupied on weekends. Barcelona superstar Messi is spending quality time with his family while others are taking advantage of Netflix or working out in their own gyms. Posting a picture with his two sons to his 144million followers, Messi wrote: “Health must always come first. It is an exceptional moment and you must follow the instructions of both health organisations and public authorities. Only in this way can we combat it effectively. “It is the time to be responsible and stay at home, it is also perfect to enjoy that time with yours that you can not always have. “A hug and hopefully we can turn this situation around as soon as possible.” Fierce rival Sergio Ramos not quite ready to put his feet up and took to Instagram to show off his workout.
The Division One League is set to be launched at the Coconut Groove Hotel, Accra at 2pm on Wednesday February 18, 2015.The launch will also see the official announcement of the sponsorship agreement between the Ghana Football Association and GN Bank, a wholly owned Ghanaian bank with branches across the country.With the national character of the Division One League, G.N Bank sees this unique product of the GFA as an opportunity for mutual benefits as they increase their branches and extend their footprints across all major towns and districts in Ghana.To enhance the promotion of and the attention to the Division One League, a media deal will also be signed by the GFA at the launch.This year’s Division one League will have three Zones made up of 16 clubs with three winners of each zone qualifying automatically into the Ghana Premier League.
Since announcing its new subscription plan last week, Apple’s move to collect a 30% cut of revenue has had raised the ire of a number of developers and commentators. Mike Melanson offered a round-up on some of the initial reactions, that ranged from “greedy” to “anti-competitive” to “Brilliant, Brazen or Batsh*t Crazy. Apple’s 30% fee is posing problems for a number of companies and developers – those who’ve built their businesses around the existing rules, for example, and those who don’t have the margins to be able to hand over such a cut to Apple. Companies that have raised questions about the new policy run the gamut – music streaming services, e-book sellers, and software-as-a-service developers; big companies and startups alike.No Margin for That 30% CutThe expletives that came from Last.fm co-founder Richard Jones last week may be one of the most colorful responses to Apple’s announcement, but his analysis speaks to the core of many developers’ concerns. Jones said in an IRC chatroom that “apple just f***ed over online music subs for the iphone.” Jones hinted that Apple may have plans to launch its own streaming service and is therefore attempting to squeeze out the competition. But whether that’s the case or not, he contends that “many services can’t survive a 30 percent loss of revenue.” Jones specifically mentions Spotify, reportedly poised to make its entry in U.S. markets, arguing that he can’t imagine its “margins are anywhere near 30 percent.” Trouble for Alternative Funding ModelsReadability just announced this morning that its iOS app had been rejected by Apple as the startup wasn’t running its service through the new subscription plan guidelines. Readability offers a service whereby it redesigns Web pages – stripping out ads and resizing text, for example – in order to make online content more legible. Users pay a monthly subscription fee to use Readability, which in turn offers a unique funding model for publishers – the company gives them a 70% cut of the revenue from folks’ reading lists. “If we implemented In App purchasing,” writes Readability in an Open Letter to Apple, “your 30% cut drastically undermines a key premise of how Readability works.”No Room in the Store for Big CatalogsJim Dovey, formerly the Apple Platforms Team Lead for the e-bookseller Kobo had raised another key stumbling block. As it currently stands, there’s a cap on the number of items you can sell via in-app purchases. According to Dovey, Apple’s “in-app purchasing system only allows 3000 or 3500 distinct items to be in your catalog (depending who you talk to). Kobo and Amazon each have around 2.5 million titles. Judging by the title of Kobo’s app, 1.8 million are public domain (or otherwise free), so some 700,000 are paid titles, which they are under obligation to the content owners to make available for sale to all their users.”The dissatisfaction isn’t only coming from developers or companies who’ve invested in the Apple third-party ecosystem. PaidContent.org reports that anti-trust regulators are looking into Apple’s subscription plan. But in the meantime, angry developers are looking at their own alternatives.As Readability notes in its blog post today, “To be clear, we believe you have every right to push forward such a policy. In our view, it’s your hardware and your channel and you can put forth any policy you like. But to impose this course on any web service or web application that delivers any value outside of iOS will only discourage smaller ventures like ours to invest in iOS apps for our services. As far as Readability is concerned, our response is fairly straight-forward: go the other way… towards the web.” It seems likely that others will follow suit – putting their development efforts into the mobile web or into alternate operating systems (namely Android). Tags:#Apple#NYT#web A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai… Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… audrey watters Related Posts 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market
South African cricket players, Morne Morkel, left, and Dale Steyn pose with the ICC Cricket World Cup Trophy in the Dubai Aquarium & Under Water Zoo to mark the 100-day countdown to the opening ceremony for the Cricket World Cup 2011, Dubai, UAE, Tuesday November 09, 2010.The 100-day countdown for the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup began in Dubai on Tuesday. The trophy for the tenth edition of cricket World Cup was displayed by South African players Morne Morkel and Dale Steyn at the Dubai Aquarium. The South African and Pakistani teams after concluded their five-ODI series in Dubai on Monday joined fast bowlers Morkel and Steyn as the duo unveiled the trophy. The trophy for World Cup 2011 was launched in a rather innovative manner. Steyn and Morkel went underwater to unveil the coveted trophy amidst sharks and other sea creatures at the aquarium. Talking to media at the ceremony, International Cricket Council (ICC) chief executive Haroon Lorgat said, “It was spectacular to watch the 100-day countdown ceremony and the ICC and the three host countries are gearing up for the World Cup.” The 43-day tournament will be jointly hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The opening ceremony of the World Cup will be held in Bangladesh capital Dhaka on February 17 and the first will be played two days later. The final match will be held in Mumbai on April 2.
zoomIllustration; Image Courtesy; Wartsila Monaco-based shipowner Scorpio is going to invest heavily in the installation of exhaust gas cleaning systems (scrubbers) on board its ships to become compliant with the 0.5 sulphur limit on marine fuels entering into force on January 1, 2020.The intention was confirmed in two separate regulatory filings of the same content submitted by both Scorpio Tankers and Scorpio Bulkers.“The company has announced that management expects to retrofit the substantial majority of its vessels with exhaust gas cleaning systems, or scrubbers, to comply with the IMO 2020 rules regarding sulfur emissions by the end of the first half of 2020. The company expects the aggregate capital investment of such retrofits to be material, but has not determined the exact costs or how such costs will be financed,” the two filings read.In June 2018, Scorpio Tankers said that it was planning to meet the IMO’s sulphur cap by burning compliant fuels.At the time, Scorpio was still evaluating scrubbers, but was not seeing a “compelling argument to install them today.”Explaining its decision at the time Scorpio said that regulatory, technological, and supply/pricing risks were key factors in delaying its decision on scrubber installation.“The demand and fuel-efficiency stories are more relevant to the product tanker segment than the yes/no scrubber decision,” the company added.World Maritime News Staff
OTTAWA – A first-of-its-kind study in Canada has painted a national picture of homeless youth and drawn a link to the foster care system that researchers say could be playing a more active role in keeping young people off the streets.The study found nearly three out of every five homeless youth were part of the child welfare system at some point in their lives, a rate almost 200 times greater than that of the general population.Of those with a history in the child welfare system, almost two of every five respondents eventually “aged out” of provincial or territorial care, losing access to the sort of support that could have kept them from becoming homeless, the study found.The result is that Canada is creating a group of young people who are at higher risk of becoming homeless because they lack resources when coming out of foster care, said Stephen Gaetz, the study’s co-author and director of the Canadian Observatory on Homelessness.The study released Wednesday comes months before dozens of cities will take part in the second, federally organized point-in-time count of the homeless population that will include a focus on young people.The first federal point-in-time count last year asked respondents for their ages, but changes to the questionnaire are coming for the 2018 count to help communities that choose to put extra attention on targeting the youth homeless population including when someone first became homeless.The survey also will now includes questions about immigrants and refugees, as well as gender identity to better help cities co-ordinate and plan services or, in the case of newcomers to Canada, whether there may be “an issue that can be addressed upstream.”The Canadian Press obtained a copy of the updated questionnaire under the Access to Information Act.The first count last year included 32 cities. More cities have suggested they are interested in taking part in next year’s count.All of the data will feed into the Liberal government’s anti-poverty strategy that will target vulnerable populations like youth. Mathieu Filion, a spokesman for Social Development Minister Jean-Yves Duclos, said the government will look at the youth homeless study released Wednesday to see how its recommendations can be worked into the national anti-poverty plan.The study is based on a survey of 1,103 young people who were homeless in 42 different communities in nine provinces and Nunavut.There are about 6,500 young people between the ages of 13 and 24 homeless on any given night.The report urges the federal government to focus on preventing youth homelessness — particularly among Indigenous youth — and on provinces and territories to focus on “after care” by providing support as needed until age 25.“We’re not calling out child protection services,” Gaetz said. “We’re not pointing fingers going, ‘It’s horrible what you’re doing.’“Rather, we’re saying this is an unintended consequence of a whole number of things, but it’s something that we can identify as leading to bad outcomes when young people leave care.”New census data released last week reported some 43,880 youth in foster care in 2016, a decline of about 4,000 from the 47,890 young people Statistics Canada counted in 2011, the first time such data was collected for the census.The problem is particularly acute for Indigenous youth, who in 2011 made up nearly half of the children in care nationally. Statistics Canada is set to release more census details about Canada’s Aboriginal population later this fall.The study says that the problems with Indigenous child welfare, which governments have vowed to tackle, highlight the need for structural reforms to the system.“None of these approaches can be a one-size-fits-all approach,” said study co-author David French, director of policy and planning with A Way Home, a national, anti-youth-homelessness coalition.“So when you speak about Indigenous young people or young people who identify as LGBTQ2S, or new immigrant young people, each of them does require a targeted response underneath a specific strategy.”LGBTQ2S stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and two-spirit, the latter term referring specifically to members of the Indigenous community.— Follow @jpress on Twitter
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, TCI, October 13, 2016 – Last night at the VIX, the Integrity Commission met for a second time with potential candidates based mainly in Provo for the upcoming General Elections.A Kit was provided, a video presentation was played and there was extensive, robust exchange on the area of “treating” which was addressed by the Elections Supervisor – Dudley Lewis – who was also at the public meeting.Deputy Director of the Integrity Commission, Richard Been lead the session last night tailored to the Independent Candidates. Related Items: